Sunday, April 10, 2016


It is with deep regret and with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of our dear friend, Elmo Smalley.  After a short but valiant fight, Elmo passed from this life at his home at 8:45 pm on Saturday, peaceably and in the presence of his family.  Funeral services will be held at Daehlers Funeral Home in Portsmouth on Wednesday, April 13 at 2:00 pm.

On behalf of the Lazy S Hunt Club membership, and those of us who had the pleasure of spending many enjoyable hours with Elmo out at the place he loved so much, our sincere and heartfelt condolences are extended to Mary and the entire family.

Farewell old friend...you will be missed.


6 comments:

Mark Sizemore said...

Yes you will be missed by many. Our brief encounters at your camp will always be cherished. I feel privileged to have been your friend.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear of his passing. I just talked with him about a month ago, about being a member again this year. I wish I would have gotten up there to see him 1 more time. What a great person and friend he was to me. Prayers to the family...
Norm

Rick Lowery said...

In the short time I got to spend with Elmo, it left a lasting and lifetime impression on me. Elmo was kind, humorous, more than generous, and learned in many things. He was a modern day renaissance man. RIP my friend, and our thoughts and wishes to Ms. Mary, his children and extended family

Anonymous said...

Take a hike mikhail. Don't be disrespectful

Jesse Burnham said...

In the two years I got to know Elmo, I realized how much he enjoyed life and that hunt club. For him to let total strangers come and enjoy his land was something special. I am very glad I got to meet him and hear many of his stories. I will never forget the time spent with him. RIP my friend.

Matt C. said...

Time with Elmo was well spent. He had great stories and a great perspective. You learn a lot from a man like him. RIP

Matt C.