Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A word of warning to anyone going into the woods:  The chiggers are out in force this year and will eat you alive if you give them a chance!  Rick Lowry and I were out hanging a couple of stands on Saturday and walked through some knee high weeds.  By Sunday afternoon, this is what my ankles looked like:
Elmo used to say that you had to stay on guard until after the first heavy frost!

I got a message from Josh and Walt G. saying that they will be hunting the next couple of days.  I wish you luck and will try to get out and say "howdy!" if my schedule allows.  Now that the weather has turned, I might just grab the trusty old bow and head into the woods this weekend myself!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, we had a good time, No deer ,No chiggers ! Lol...maybe next time.